Desiccant is described by "Unit"
rather than size due to the differing absorbent properties of the
products used. A "Unit" is the quantity of desiccant which will absorb
3.00 grams of water vapor at 20% relative humidity or 6.00 grams of
water vapor at 40% relative humidity. A "Unit" of clay is typically 33
To determine which Unit size desiccant is best, the following
information is needed: 1) type and size of container 2) type and amount
of product being protected 3) environmental conditions.
- Inhibit the onset of mildew, rust, mold and corrosion.
- Designed to absorb the moisture found in a sealed package or container.
- Tyvek® bags are non-dusting and FDA approved.
- All bags meet MIL-D-3464E TYPE I & II requirements.
- Montmorillonite clay is a calcium aluminum silicate. It's natural & non-hazardous.